Larry was born and grew up in Austin, Texas. Larry married his lovely wife, Cathy in 1970. After attending the University of Texas in 1972, he was licensed as a real estate salesman and sold real estate in South Austin. In 1975, Larry secured his Broker's license and managed several real estate companies in South Austin and West Lake Hills area of Austin. In 1982, Larry and Cathy with their two young boys moved to Salado, Texas and purchased a historic home built in 1855. Larry continued working in Austin until 1986 when he closed his office, Properties By Larry Sands and moved his real estate company to "historic" Salado. Larry and Cathy opened the first Bed & Breakfast in 1984 named, The Inn @ Salado". In June, 1986, Larry opened his office in a downstairs room @ the Inn and began selling "one of a kind" properties in Salado, Texas.
Larry and Cathy were innkeepers and owned the Halley House Bed & Breakfast on North Main Street. Larry calls himself a historic preservationist because he and Cathy have operated three Bed & Breakfasts in historic homes in the "Historic District" of Salado. Larry is an active member of Temple-Belton Board of Realtors and served on the Board of Directors from 1999-2003.
And, by the way, Larry says that if you need a room while you are shopping "historic" Salado for that special gift for someone you love, or want to find that lovely home overlooking the creek, he knows where there is a quaint B&B to spend the night.
My Client-First Philosophy
There are many qualities and skills that go into being an excellent real estate professional - integrity, in-depth community and market knowledge, marketing savvy, effective negotiation skills and a high-quality professional network, all of which are hallmarks of how I work.
That said, in my experience as a Central Texas real estate professional, I've also found that providing the very best service is essentially about putting my clients first. This means keeping myself accessible, being a good listener as well as a good communicator, and responding quickly to your needs.
This "client first" philosophy has always been my approach and it requires me to continually improve my skills and ways of doing business. In addition, I've found that the latest technologies are enabling me to do everything I've always done, only much more quickly and efficiently. They've also helped me to extend the range of services I provide to my clients.
Here Are Some Things You Might Like To Know About Me:
* I spent thirty-five years in the manufacturing industry in Sales, Sales Management and General Management.
* After a short retirement, six years ago, I obtained my real estate license and entered the real estate business as a full time agent.
* During my first full year, I became a million dollar plus producer.
* Since that time, I have attended numerous training seminars and continuous education courses.
* I recently obtained my GRI certification (Graduate Realtors Institute). Only 8% of the 60,000 Texas realtors have obtained this designation.
* I am a past president of the Salado Chamber of Commerce and current president of the Salado Chamber of Commerce Foundation.
* I am a past president of the Salado Lions Club and member of the Salado Rotary Club.
* My experience in Sales, Sales Management and General Management has aided our company in becoming a viable competitor in the real estate industry here in the Central Texas area